Friday, May 21, 2010

Codependent much?

Oh my goodness, am I REALLY prepared for summer? Yesterday the guys hung on me. all. day. long. It was as if they decided to make up for an entire school year apart from me!

They really do a good job separating without undo anxiety but I think me hauling myself off to work before bedtime while they were still two trained them. Greg has a harder time then David.

Actually there were times on the bus when I was really afraid Greg wouldn't get to ride because he wouldn't let himself be buckled in. He'd have to come back to hug me no less then fifteen times! The bus driver only got terse once. We did practice separating at school too, at times I would go in with David after playing outside while Greg would yell, just to practice being away.

As much as I hate hearing him cry, he has to realize that I WILL come back, each and every time. Practice is the only way to ensure that.

I also believe that something else is going on, a bit of trying to out do his twin. They do this at the house too. I know, I know, consistency. :) It does get hard when one gives me a kiss, then the OTHER has to give me a kiss, so then the first needs to hug me and then the OTHER needs to hug me and I spend the next two hours with the two attached to my hip as if I'd velcro'd them there.

That pretty much describes all day yesterday. However I did get rid of David briefly by telling him to go play in the dirt to get ready for daddy coming home. He was very enthusiastic about that! *laugh*

I guess we'll see how the summer proceeds. I suspect the farther along we go, the better we'll be. At least I have hope that's how it'll be, because I won't be sane if I repeat yesterday's clinging all summer long!

No comments:

Post a Comment