Sunday, December 6, 2009

Going private

I've had a few questions from close friends that have followed my blog for a while on why I've changed my setting to private.

Honestly, I'm not sure exactly why but Kent asked me too and I not only respect his feelings but I trust his judgement as well. If I was only expressing opinion, then closing my blog would defeat the whole purpose but I am detailing my children's lives, which is a whole different ballgame, so to speak.

I briefly thought of writing an opinion blog that's open along with this one but really, I'd only write more about my family and I don't want to detract my attention from this project. Since I'm not keeping a journal, I feel strongly about recording my family *moves arms in vague sweeping motion* somewhere.

Lets face it, when Kate is in her 30's, she needs to know how fun (snicker) she made picture night tonight. Everyone one dressed up, going for the "family portrait and the at*ti*TUDE showed up! Although we do have one picture with a scowl that'd stop a truck, so I don't think it'll be hard to remind her. The twins were even smiling in THAT picture. :-)

David needs to know how much he loved Christmas lights two weeks before his forth birthday and if we didn't acknowledge that HE saw the Christmas lights he yelled at us. Somehow Greg managed to sleep next to his twin.

So this stuff will still be written down and occasionally I *might* channel my dad and show some brilliant writing, but I wouldn't count on it. I do hope to capture some memory treasures so they won't be forgotten so I'll continue that quest.

Also, I'll invite pretty much anyone that asks to read the blog, as long as I know you somehow. I feel compelled to share my children's exploits, somehow it makes it easier to tackle the day to day knowing I've given someone a reason to giggle. Even it it's my expense. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment