Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Angels Among Us

An alternate title would be, kind people still exist or the stranger that helped me out but those don't have the same pizazz as the title "Angels Among Us".  So I'll go with my first thought.

Now the first question might be, what kind of bind was I in and how did I get into that bind?   Simple, I let Ean unlock the suburban and he clicked the latch to unlock all the doors, accidentally locked the open door, tossed my keys onto my seat and slammed the door shut so he could go in the back door.  He's opened the door tons of times and usually climbs in, plays with the knobs, adjust my mirrors so I can see sky instead of the lanes behind me and then climbs in back.

No, this time he decided to be responsible, grown up even and was going to use the rear door to get into the back.  Seriously, I can't fault him for that. 

The girls were at home alone, not a big worry, they're old enough.  The worst that could happen was Kate forgetting to clean out the cat's litter box.

The twins were a different story, see they are now in the after school program Monday through Thursday from the end of school until 5:00pm.  There's a fifteen minute window for pick-ups, so I had until 5:15pm or bad things would happen. 

I don't remember exactly what those bad things are, even though I did sign a form saying I understood all those bad things.  In general, I figure it's best to just avoid finding out, so since Ean's counseling appointment ends at 5:00pm, I was in a bit of a hurry.

So, in slow motion, I see Ean, click the lock on the car door.  I look through the window and see Ean toss my keys into the front seat and then notice his door is actually locked. 

Uh Oh.

SLAM GOES THE DOOR.

Now, while I was in the waiting room, I had a lovely conversation with a woman, I'd never actually met but I knew her daughter.  Her daughter is autistic and they attend the same Ward as my mother.  Recognizing the little girl, I introduced myself, let her know Scott is my brother and we had a wonderful conversation connecting on all kinds of levels. 

When I came back in, she let me use her phone.  You know, because I still don't have a cell phone, but that's another topic.  And then she looked at me, as I confirmed with my husband that the twins needed to be picked up right now, not in 20 minutes (you know, after 5:15 when BAD things happen) and this acquaintance with great friend potential offered to give me a lift.

She drove us to the school and then drove us home, bless her heart she was more then willing to drive me back to our car, but I knew I could get it later with Kent. 

I really need to bake her something and have my mom deliver it to her, for me. 

Of course the girls were fine, completely oblivious to my troubles and yeah, someone forgot to clean her litter box. 

Poor kitty cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment