Sunday, February 21, 2010

WHOOO HOOOOO, It's finally happened!

What's the big event? What has changed my life FOREVER? Well, folks after 12 years (a week shy of 12 years to be precise) I no longer have any children in diapers, pull-ups or daily accidents in underwear.

I am *so* within my rights to be excited.

The greener side of me just goes ill to think of the nasty disposables my family alone has piled into landfills. The size of our ecological footprint must be huge. In case you didn't know it's "cool" to use terms like "ecological footprint". Take note if you want to impress, or annoy your friends.

I did have a few years of cloth diapers and I loved using them but the nausea of the twins pregnancy made Ean's toddler poop impossible to deal with. I did use cloth on the twins mostly their first year and off and on after that when I had the time and energy but in the end, it was all sposies baby! If the choice is the type of diaper or mom's sanity, well I chose sanity.

Of course the twins are still in pull-ups for night time and Ean wears "GoodNights" so we're not completely done dumping into the landfills.

Now I can share potty stories!

OK, so I was putting on make-up for church. I did not lock the door, girlies were coming in to brush hair, show me THEIR make-up (I have final veto power on whether or not they get out the door) so locking the door is impractical. Although I'll admit, it would be nice to make myself pretty without a river of bodies in and out of the bathroom.

Anyway! David, oh my David, he came rushing announce "I GO POOP MOM!" pushing me out of his way. Well okay son, you go right ahead and do that. He's doing his business while performing some sort of preschooler aerobics by bobbing his nekkid tushie into the loo. I don't believe he made contact with the water, it's an ecological loo that uses very little water. The show was none the less impressive.

Greg without ceremony comes rushing in, "I go mom, I go NOW" and whips his pants down and proceeds to pee BEHIND DAVE'S BEHIND. Oh to have such a little tush to leave a space at the back of the toilet. David was most indignant with Greg's presumption!

Who wouldn't be?

It's also a challenge for anyone else to use the potty. After all, we have the one toilet upstairs and seven people in the house. There's another toilet in the basement, but I don't let the boys use it. It doesn't need anymore help getting destroyed. :)

So with the enthusiasm exhibited by anyone that's learned a new skill, the boys go, often. Usually pushing themselves in front of the line. No matter what time it is in the afternoon, someone is yelling to me "I POOPIN MOMMY"

I appreciate the regular updates.

I joke but this is still a milestone. My babies are growing up. We are done with babies, done with toddlers and by the fall of 2011 the boys will go to kindergarten.

*sniff*

1 comment:

  1. I think it was very appropriate that I was listening to "Love is a Battlefield," while I was reading this post! LOL!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete