Thursday, February 4, 2010

What? One of MY children STUBBORN?

I hear stories about children. How well they listen, and "oh my what a rough day, they didn't make their bed before school". I wonder what it's like to worry about such trivial things. Yes I said trivial. I mean, *I* don't always make my bed. :)

However we do have all other types of rebellion around here. I don't know why the Lord sent such strong personalities to our home, maybe Kent's patience, maybe so I can learn patience, but they're here. The latest string of stubborn is probably my least favorite to deal with as a mother.

Tantrums I can handle.

However refusal to poop in the toilet, drives me insane and we're on kid number four, yes FOUR OUT OF FIVE that have refused to have bowel movements in the toilet. I won't name names. Oh hell, yes I will. Jane, Kate, Ean and now GREG all refused after their third birthday to poop in the toilet. With Greg he's four and still refuses to poop. He knows. He stays dry and clean all day at school and waits until he gets home and THEN he poops.

That leaves me David. The one I worried about because his system has always been wonky is the one that has embraced what the potty is truly about.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have accidents but dang, he's TRYING. Greg is not.

I know, I know, I'm not suppose to compare the boys. Comparing children lessons their ability to believe in themselves. Each child is an individual, etc. But I'm pretty sure that even if Greg was a singleton, I'd still be frustrated to the max with him filling his underwear after staying dry and clean all day at school.

Stubborn is still around with all the other kids too. Kate yells unfair. Ean melts at the mention of chores but dang, that stuff just doesn't make ya want to hurl like the poop does.

*sigh*

We're not going back now. We're using pull-ups for bedtime ONLY. David has embraced the potty and Greg will have to catch up on this one. Hopefully he does before Dave earns all the "I went poop on the potty reward" matchbox cars on top of the medicine cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment