Egads, what a nightmare!
Ever since David had gotton hurt, he's been mean, just mean to his twin. On a mission to make his twins life miserable, in whatever manner he could. Well he succeeded Sunday after church. Little **** slammed the door on his brothers hand. And the door latched.
Poor Greg was in so much pain, just so much pain all he could do was scream and kick his legs in frustration while flapping his injured hand. I thought he had broken his middle finger, it was an ugly maroon color, there was plenty of blood. Oh it was gruesome.
Conviently I had codiene on hand and knew the correct dosage for the little boy. It thankfully knocked him out allowing him to just relax. He really needed that.
He lost one nail completely and that finger was/is still a scabbed mess. The other nail is obviously damaged and he'll lose that nail too. We spent four solid days with little boys with bandaged fingers blowing through a rediculous amount of tubular gauze. Finally Thursday, after I got David's stitches off (I do amazing things when children sleep *laugh), I lifted the twins water ban. In celebration they swam the irrigation ditch at the park.
Not my idea of fun but then again I'm not a three year old deprived of water for a solid week.
I let them.
Hopefully we can enjoy the rest of the summer. Even if the cherries are gone, much to the twins dissapointment. :-)
Oh man, I do all sorts of nefarious things to my kids while they sleep!
ReplyDeleteBoys are such crazy creatures, eh? I'd say I hope they all heal without scars, but boys like such things. Instead, I hope they have little pain while healing so they live to scab another day. haha