Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today is the first day of school

There's something magical about the first day. New notebooks, pencils, that nip in the air first thing in the morning.

Maybe it's the fact that my girls were ready 10 minutes after getting up? Oh yeah baby, that'll never happen again. *laugh* In a few days that 10 minutes will stretch out until we get to the shoving out the door with shoes in hand phase. I give 'em a week.

They also had all their clothes in piles on the couch. The end of last year 10 minutes before leaving they were still walking around in undies trying to decide what to wear. And lets not forget breakfast. I had to resort to "cereal in a sandwich bag" a few times last year. Of course that was amidst shrieks that they do serve breakfast at school. I don't know how many times I repeated that they don't serve breakfast after the late bell.

Would you believe it's October and I never published this? I don't know where my head is!

Also, the girls are still getting up and getting to school on time, frankly I'm amazed. *laugh* They ARE growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment